Sunday, November 13, 2011

Some thoughts...

Well... Its been awhile since I have been here. I have done a few projects since I was here last and they have all turned out really great. I have met new people and made new friends and that is always really awesome for me. But I have been thinking about somethings the last few weeks that I just make me wonder. So I thought that I would use this as a place to get those thoughts out and try and get some feedback from you. Reminder... These are just my thoughts and questions... that's all.

I started modeling as a hobby and it has turned into something a lot bigger then I could have ever imagined. I have had some great gigs, and I have worked and met some amazing people in the plus modeling industry. I am learning more and more about myself and this business everyday. I have been told that I do great work. "Thank you". I have been told that I am a beautiful person... not just on the outside but on the inside as well. "Thank you". People have said "You are going to make it in this industry"... "Thanks again". Well... What I have been wondering lately is... "What does it take to make it in the plus model industry?"  And what is considered "making it"?

I know that it takes hard work, determination, thick skin, skill and passion. It takes drive, and motivation (those are just a few things to name). What I do know is that not everyone makes it. So to those few that do... AWESOME JOB and THANK YOU for leading the way! But it still leaves the question of "how did you do it?" I know modeling is more then being just another pretty face... Sometimes. Also, depending on the client and what they are looking for will also determine whether or not you will be chosen. Does it matter who you know and where you live? Does it have to do with whether or not you are signed with and agency or not. Does that make a big difference? Freelance model vs agency model? 

Interesting...
Until next time...

Kori Leilani

No comments:

Post a Comment